Tuesday, August 10

Tears and hot dates

We had our first official hot date tonight... and you stayed home with Emily.  Your tears started before we even left and as I opened and shut the farm gate behind us, I could hear you crying on the back deck.  It's so painful to listen to you cry and knowing that you want Mommy.  We love you so much and know that in time you will adjust.  It's important for Daddy and I to get some "us" time sometimes.  Emily is such a fantastic sitter... and we are so blessed to know her.  I'm sure you will smile and have fun with her soon.  For our date we went to the produce stand and bought some fruit and veggies... and then hiked around Round Lake with Titus.  It was a beautiful night.  Then we drove around town, checking out new roads we hadn't seen before, and came home a couple hours later.  You were asleep in your crib and we woke you up to give you some food and milk since you only ate a couple goldfish crackers for dinner.  Now Daddy is putting you to bed again and you must be tired from all your crying.  Sweet dreams little one, we'll see you in the morning!